A short video explains everything.
- Germaine Mason was in a motorcycle crash in Kingston, Jamaica, at 4.20am
- He died instantly after losing control of the bike along the Palisadoes main road
- The 34-year-old is reported to have left a party with Usain Bolt and others
- Mason won an Olympic silver medal for Great Britain in the high jump in 2008
- Mason is also Jamaica’s national record holder for the high jump event
British Olympian Germaine Mason was not wearing a helmet when he was killed in a motorbike crash in Jamaica, police have revealed.
Officers also said that speeding and alcohol may have played a part in the fatal collision.
Olympic silver medallist Mason, 34, was killed while heading into the island’s capital, Kingston, at around 4.20am on Thursday morning.
Retired Olympic high jumper Germaine Mason has died in a motorcycle crash in Kingston, Jamaica
The Jamaican-born high jumper reportedly lost control of his Honda CBR motorbike and was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
He is believed to have been at a party with several other athletes, including his close friend track star Usain Bolt, before the crash.